Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups
With only 5 simple ingredients, these chocolate peanut butter cups are guilt free (until you have 4 in a row!) No doubt it will satisfy your sweet tooth. I mean, chocolate AND peanut butter. Enough said.
Makes 12 cups.
1 Cup Dark Chocolate
1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
1 Tsp Vanilla Extract
Peanut Butter Filling:
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter (or any other nut butter you like)
2 Tbsp Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Honey (or any other sweetener)
1. Line a cupcake tray with 12 mini liners and set aside
2. Melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in the microwave for 45 seconds
3. Once melted, mix in the vanilla extract
4. Now pour in enough of the mixture to cover the bottom of each liner
5. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes to set
6. In the meantime, mix the peanut butter, coconut oil and honey in a bowl and microwave for 20 seconds 7. Take the tray out of the freezer, add a small scoop of peanut butter mixture in the centre of each cup and flatten it with the back of your spoon.
8. Place back into in freezer for 5 minutes
9. Pour enough melted chocolate over the hardened peanut butter to cover the top. 10. Place back into the freezer for about 15-20 minutes to completely set.