These raw flaxseed crackers are THE ultimate low carb snack. Filling you with the nutrients you need; high in Omega 3 and rich in Fibre. These crackers are perfect to satisfy that craving for crunchy foods when you're watching your carb intake.
1 Cup Flaxseeds
3 Tbsp Chia Seeds
1 Cup Water
3 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
3 Tbsp Pumpkin Seeds
1 1/2 Tsp Salt (or to taste)
3 Tbsp Za'atar
1 Tbsp Date Syrup or Honey (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200F. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, soak the flaxseed and chia seeds in water for 10-15 minutes
3. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
4. Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking tray. For even sized crackers, score the dough with a knife.
5. Bake at 200F for one hour. Flip it over and bake for another 45-60 minutes.
6. Turn the heat off and allow to cool inside the oven.
7. Once cooled, break it into pieces.
8. Enjoy the crackers with hummus, guacamole, labneh, cheese...options are endless!
Not sure where you can find Za'atar? Order the spice here: