Let's start off with the benefits of eating this SUPER healthy green cruciferous vegetable.
~ Rich in Vitamin C - Hydrates your body and increases metabolism.
~ Loaded with powerful Antioxidants- Reduces risk of cancer.
~ Best source of Vitamin K - Vital for blood clotting.
~ Great source of Vitamin A- Protects the eyes as you age.
~ Low calorie - Great for weight loss.
~ High in Fiber- Lowers cholesterol.
~ Rich in Iron - Even more than beef!
These CRUNCHY and HIGHLY addictive chips will have you running back to the grocery store for more kale!
2 Large bunches of Kale
2 Tbsp Oil of choice (I used Rapeseed oil)
1 Garlic clove (crushed)
1/2 Tsp Cumin
1 Tsp Lime Pepper (optional)
1/2 Tsp Paprika
1/2 Tsp Rosemary
Salt & pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 180 C.
2. Tear the leaves and remove any large stems, toss into a large bowl.
3. In a small bowl, add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
4. Pour the mixture into the large bowl of kale and toss thoroughly.
5. Spread kale in a single layer onto a pan and bake for 15 minutes.
6. Take it out of the oven and toss/stir kale to get all sides baked evenly.
7. Bake a few more minutes until crispy.
8. Enjoy the kale chips on their own, as a side dish or even on top of your salad!